1. WHO ARE YOU AND WHOM DO YOU LOVE?
I am Lydia, Daughter of Diane, Daughter of Zuzanah. I love Apollo and his python.
2. WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOST RECENT DREAM THAT YOU BEST REMEMBER?
Last night I must have had a very intense dream because when I awoke I had forgotten who I was / where I was. I still haven't remembered the dream though.
3. WHEN WERE YOU FIRST MOST AWARE OF YOUR PRESENT PASSIONS AS A CHILD?
As a child I would be singing constantly. The moment when I was first aware this was a passion is unclear though, it's something I have always innately had to do. I loved to sing to the birch tree in my front garden. He was my first audience.
4. WHO IS YOUR IDEAL AUDIENCE?
A forest of birch trees.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEELING?
6. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE FEELING?
Sand in socks.
7. WHAT PURPOSE DOES YOUR OUTER APPEARANCE SERVE YOUR INNERMOST PURSUITS?
Heidegger said very beautifully that we are custodians of deep and ancient thresholds. In the human face you see that potential and the miracle of undying possibility.
8. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION AND/OR FLOURISH IN SOLITUDE VS. AMONG YOUR PREFERRED PEOPLE?
I am often very reserved in both instances but with certain people or when I'm really amped on something I'm working on in solitude I can get rambunctious.
9. ARE YOU GOOD AT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE?
I try to be. I think it's an important part of progressing as an artist.
10. WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR THOUGHTS MOST LATELY?
Lately I am usually thinking about where I can buy fresh figs. I secretly wish I was a fruit hunter.
11. WHERE IS HOME?
A room with a piano.
12. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO ASK WHOMEVER IS READING THIS?
What is your greatest joy in life?
Right From Real is out on Arbutus Records as of September 30, 2014.