1. WHO ARE YOU AND WHOM DO YOU LOVE?
My name is Derek Stanton and I have a song called "Can't Love," but it's not about me.
2. WHERE IS HOME?
3. WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOST RECENT DREAM THAT YOU BEST REMEMBER?
Strange enough, I rarely have music anxiety dreams, but my most recent memorable dream was just that. I went into a recording studio to an mix an album and the studio guy told me to "Go to the room. I will mix the album and let you know when it is done". It looked like a small motel room, light green in color, with one bed and an open closet with a single empty clothing hanger. No television. No chair. I had an overwhelming feeling that I could not wait in there while he mixed my album.
4. WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR THOUGHTS MOST LATELY?
I think the answer to the previous question is foretelling; Music.
5. WHEN WERE YOU FIRST MOST AWARE OF YOUR PRESENT PASSIONS AS A CHILD?
Listening to The Ventures around age 10 and asking my father to teach me to play guitar.
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEELING?
An oversized t-shirt.
7. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE FEELING?
A small shoe.
8. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION AND/OR FLOURISH IN SOLITUDE VS. AMONG PREFERRED COMPANY?
I do most of my songwriting & recording in solitary. Each day, depending on my mood, I'll feel out what I want to work on. Write something new or continue something I've already started. If I can collaborate with a friend I relish the opportunity.
9. ARE YOU GOOD AT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE?
Yes. I can appreciate the bad as much as the good.
10. WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE MOST PEOPLE GET WRONG ABOUT YOU AT FIRST ACQUAINTANCE?
I can imagine most people think I am more serious than I actually am.
11. HOW/WHO IS YOUR IDEAL AUDIENCE?
Anyone with the attention span to listen and enjoy, Turn To Crime.
12. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO ASK WHOMEVER IS READING THIS?
Got any good jokes?