1. WHO ARE YOU AND WHOM DO YOU LOVE?
I’m Haley and I love my daughter Clementine and my amazing family.
2. WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOST RECENT DREAM THAT YOU BEST REMEMBER?
I went to a horse race, couldn’t find a seat, watched the race on a television in a room. A friend of a friend put his legs on my lap and they felt heavy as anvils. I waited for him to lift them off, or for my companions to judge the situation. I felt guilty, though I had done nothing wrong. My horse didn’t win shit.
3. WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR THOUGHTS MOST LATELY?
The ever-continuing saga of figuring out who I am and moving toward happiness. Being a good mother.
4. WHEN WERE YOU FIRST MOST AWARE OF YOUR PRESENT PASSIONS AS A CHILD?
I wrote all kinds of musicals/plays for my sisters and I to put on for our parents. I also devoted my summers to selling lemonade, which proved to me I was a pretty good business person. I undercharged people because I knew nobody would actually pay 10 cents (most people gave us .50 or 1.00) while the other kids down the block charged 50 cents and probably made less than we did. Also, I made my cute baby sister hold up the lemonade sign at the intersection. My parents called me Alex P. Keaton.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEELING?
A really good kiss.
6. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE FEELING?
Reading negative comments on the internet in any way makes me feel pretty sad about humanity.
7. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION AND/OR FLOURISH IN SOLITUDE VS. AMONG PREFERRED COMPANY?
I flourish in solitude. I’m a total introvert. I love being around people but I can only take so much of it at a time.
8. ARE YOU GOOD AT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE?
Unfortunately, I have to say yes.
9. WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE MOST PEOPLE GET WRONG ABOUT YOU AT FIRST ACQUAINTANCE?
Maybe they feel I am intimidating or unapproachable? I dont know. Sometimes I am super shy when meeting new people, which can be construed as stand-offish.
10. HOW/WHO IS YOUR IDEAL AUDIENCE?
People of all ages. That’s what I like to see in a crowd.
11. WHERE IS HOME?
Though I grew up in the Black hills, which will always be home home…. I have
called Saint Paul home for almost 9 years now. I love it here.
12. WHAT QUESTION WOULD YOU ASK TO WHOMEVER IS READING THIS?
What is it that you fear most about yourself and what does it feel like to move toward that?
Haley Bonar's Last War is out now on Graveface Records.