1. WHO ARE YOU AND WHOM DO YOU LOVE?
I am perpetually involved in determining those answers for myself. The constants seem to be that I am stuck with the name Slim Twig, and that I love my wife, my family and to be working on tunes.
2. WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOST RECENT DREAM THAT YOU BEST REMEMBER?
I was sent to New York to fix the Florida Panthers. I spent the afternoon with Roberto Luongo discussing strategy. I was apparently a revered hockey mind, and was relieved finally not to be so broke anymore.
3. WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR THOUGHTS MOST LATELY?
Finding a way out of working a straight job for the rest of my life. Becoming a better guitar player. The meaning of the word ‘success’. Christmas shopping. What my best records of 2014 list will look like. Etc, etc…
4. WHEN WERE YOU FIRST MOST AWARE OF YOUR PRESENT PASSIONS AS A CHILD?
I think I was predisposed to the art life at a pre-natal stage.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEELING?
Sexy. Curious. Not always at the same time.
6. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE FEELING?
Constipated. Disheartened. Not always at the same time.
7. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION AND/OR FLOURISH IN SOLITUDE VS. AMONG PREFERRED COMPANY?
I desire constant companionship from a very select few humans. I can get a lot of work done on my own, but life is a collaboration as I see it.
8. ARE YOU GOOD AT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE?
The best meter of this is when I’m on a plane that is speeding down a runway. And the answer is no.
9. WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE MOST PEOPLE GET WRONG ABOUT YOU AT FIRST ACQUAINTANCE?
I’m much funnier, smarter, talented, good looking and sexy than most people think.
10. HOW/WHO IS YOUR IDEAL AUDIENCE?
A sold out crowd comprised of humans whose brains are genetic clones of my mothers.
11. WHERE IS HOME?
A Toronto basement. But anywhere where there are records really.
12. WHAT QUESTION WOULD YOU ASK TO WHOMEVER IS READING THIS?
Would you like to give me a job?
A Hound at the Hem is available now via DFA Records.